Dystopia - 3500 Custom map - Trailer Video in Description [MAP UPDATED 03 SEPTEMBER 2019]

Meza

Hey, I haven't been making maps in a while, only had a 3rd on the way but never got around to finish it, I think I'll add an oil rig this week to it so people can still get to enjoy it, thank you for the support!

RuschGaming

Hi there I really like what you have made here, although I do have a question regarding to editing the map. I found a sunken cargo prefab on this site and was thinking of adding that to the map you made and my question would be are we allowed to add stuff on this map. Or maybe you will add this in the future?

Meza

Hi there I really like what you have made here, although I do have a question regarding to editing the map. I found a sunken cargo prefab on this site and was thinking of adding that to the map you made and my question would be are we allowed to add stuff on this map. Or maybe you will add this in the future?
I haven't been really working on any maps in a long time so feel free to edit it however you want for your server :)

RuschGaming

So i have been playing around with the map and found a few spots that were missed? or due to the game ( airport has 2 spots where you can go underground and you can look straight through it ) but ive tested this on a test server works perfect but theres no speed boats and a shit ton of broken down rafts. is this normal or intended to be? or how can i try to fix this?

Meza

So i have been playing around with the map and found a few spots that were missed? or due to the game ( airport has 2 spots where you can go underground and you can look straight through it ) but ive tested this on a test server works perfect but theres no speed boats and a shit ton of broken down rafts. is this normal or intended to be? or how can i try to fix this?
Something might've changed with the updates that causes that I'm not sure unfortunately :(

Meza

Is there maybe a tip you could give? I’m trying to figure out what happened or maybe you can point me into the right direction?
It's been a while since I edited maps so that's why I don't remember. The airport is some mistakes with how the alpha paint was applied so you can fix that one easily if you know where the holes are by just erasing the alpha in these two spots. The boats were related to the offshore + ocean brush as far as I remember

Foxy

Does anyone encounter a connection error with this map? "Couldn't load root AssetBundle - Bundles/Bundles". The server seems to be running but clients cannot connect and get this error.

Solved. I had not specified "Procedural Map". Duh.

Follow-up question, I appear to have no Oilrig scientists or Outpost Vending Machines. The Excavator is missing the excavator's arm and therefore is non-functioning. Are any of these known issues?

Last edited:

Meza

These seem to be new issues that started with the last patch, not sure why it's happening all of a sudden (same with the pipes that go under water and kill people instantly)

Meza

Thanks to DDoS-M0nk3y, the issue with dying once you went undeground through the pipes was this it seems:

In server.cfg - > antihack.terrain_protection 0

RuschGaming

Thanks to DDoS-M0nk3y, the issue with dying once you went undeground through the pipes was this it seems:

In server.cfg - > antihack.terrain_protection 0

Thats not a smart way to fix it. Imo thats a lazy way lol, cheaters can make profit out of this. Best thing to do is to add terrain trigger and water trigger. ( ive done this myself)

gpsmit84

Good day, everyone, would you guys like a newer version of this map with the fixes to the pipes/terrain trigger errors, as well as added stuff, like Water Treatment, Both Large Oil Rig and Small Oil Rigs, more loot areas and some more custom build areas?

InfinityLoop

I still can't get this working, does anyone have this working on LGSM?
I tried using the lines pasted by
Infumable
but can't work it out, it always generates a fresh new map and not the custom one! :(