Dystopia - 3500 Custom map - Trailer Video in Description [MAP UPDATED 03 SEPTEMBER 2019]

Meza

READ VERY IMPORTANT (especially for server owners):

At the moment custom maps have a few issues that Facepunch are working on so admins will have to take care of that side until they're fixed.

-Loot boxes/key cards placed by the map editor in custom monuments and other places don't respawn after they get picked up so you have to solve that problem with an oxide plugin I believe(I don't really know much about servers so don't ask me specifics sorry)

-Custom Trash pile food/basic barrels respawn too quickly, same with some ores on the map so again you might have to take care of it if you consider that there are too many of them

-Note: People being able to build in cities is not a bug, it's intended

If you enjoyed the video please like & subscribe !

Any Donations are greatly appreciated - Paypal: ultrascris06@gmail.com

-Intended Gameplay : Vanilla

** Features: **

-Several Large+Small Custom monuments

-The map has an abundance of resources from wood and ores to level 1-2 crates scattered around. Oil barrels around pipes and some roads/railroad.

-Small details added in each monument and on roads to increase immersion and provide a story of what might've happened

-Most of the land is connected except for a few islands in the North-East

-Large Underground Labs

-Surface+Underground pipes connecting the islands and providing additional routes for players to take in case they want to be sneaky and avoid contact

-Dense forests + rock formation heavy for you to hide your base in case you’re playing solo or in a small group

-Building in most cities is allowed. You can build inside of them and hopefully it will not only make the area more interesting but it will help you with the upkeep since you will need to use fewer resources to finish your base

-3500 Size

-Resources: High

Map File : https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3sq8khwdtw92pw/Dystopia4.map?dl=1 Several fixes done - Kai was the one that took care of most of them and added some more land and underwater detail in the N-W of the map <-- VERSION 4 FILE (sept 2019) THIS IS SADLY GOING TO BE THE LAST TIME I AM UPDATING THE MAP, IF YOU STILL WISH TO USE IT ASK OTHER MAPPERS TO ASSIST YOU WITH ANY ISSUES OR EDIT WHATEVER PROBLEMS ARISE WITH NEW UPDATES YOURSELF, SORRY, HOPE YOU HAD FUN PLAYING IT :) !

TEST SERVER IP : 108.61.107.40:28016 - Not meant to be played on for a long time, the server is only for people to get a feel of the map, it's not being taken care of and it might get constantly restarted/wiped

All I ask if you're going to use my map on your server is to give me credit by adding my twitter/youtube in your server description and not remove the name signature. This will be the last free map I am making.

If there are any bugs don't hesitate to contact me /twitter.com/Meza_OW ,I did all the testing by myself so if I missed something and you find it the help will be really appreciated!

Map Top Down View:
You can also follow me on:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Meza_OW
Twitch:

MUSIC: Mad Max: Fury Road OST - Brothers In Arms

Last edited:

XNeo

currently running it on my 20x server if you all want to try it out.

next server restart will show a link to here in the description so you so players know.

HK_Cyrus

I've been running this map for a month now on my server (Rustastical) works excellent, no issues, using a umod plugin to deal with loot not re-spawning in certain areas. Great map.

RayzR

Loving the map buddy, superb. Is there a way anyone knows of adding custom loot box locations? Some great buildings on the map but empty of loot boxes

Meza

Many thanks for the reply mate, will give that a try later. I normally use Alpha Loot from chaoscode so hopefully no conflicts.

Will also look at finding a way to spawn extra scientists/murderers at hear locations. Used to use Bot Spawn from oxide/umod but appears to have been discontinued.

Thanks again

I wish we had the option to just spawn them in the editor, my idea behind the underground labs was that they'd have better loot and npcs defending them, would've been like a dungeon. If you manage to spawn them it will make it much more enjoyable to explore, thanks for playing on it !

Meza

Hello, beautiful our card share against the server asks the seed of the card?

Hey,I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The map has no seed, I built it from scratch, it was only water then I edited everything.

Infumable

Hey, , to answer Boby question when we upload the map on the server his server create a Beug like two maps synchronize you have a solution or a tip? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Meza

Hey, , to answer Boby question when we upload the map on the server his server create a Beug like two maps synchronize you have a solution or a tip? Thank you in advance for your advice.

I've never heard of that happening before, can you write a more detailed description of what is happening in French ? I'll ask a friend to translate

Infumable

D'accord désoler pour l'anglais amateur.
Alors quand on essaye d'introduire la map sur le serveur la map se reconnait bien mais il y a comme un beug le serveur recréer une map normal avec les entité de la map custom par dessus. Ou alors j'ai peut-être fait une mauvaise manipulation je ces pas trop mais en modifiant pas mal de fichier config sa ne change pas mon problème, vous avez peu-être quelque conseil a me donné ? Pour le coup une map édité ces une première fois donc bon ces possible que j'ai fait fausse route.
En tout cas merci d'avoir pris le temps de m'avoir répondue.

Meza

D'accord désoler pour l'anglais amateur.
Alors quand on essaye d'introduire la map sur le serveur la map se reconnait bien mais il y a comme un beug le serveur recréer une map normal avec les entité de la map custom par dessus. Ou alors j'ai peut-être fait une mauvaise manipulation je ces pas trop mais en modifiant pas mal de fichier config sa ne change pas mon problème, vous avez peu-être quelque conseil a me donné ? Pour le coup une map édité ces une première fois donc bon ces possible que j'ai fait fausse route.
En tout cas merci d'avoir pris le temps de m'avoir répondue.

Can you show me a picture of your server cfg?

Infumable

All right, no worries, I tried but it still doesn’t work its generates me a size map "1000". I’ll try to contact linuxgsm they may have the solution, anyway thanks for taking the time to try to help me.

Meza

ohhh nice, happy to see you found the solution :) ! and thanks for posting it here in case someone else has the same problem