RustEdit 1.0.9 and RustEdit Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1lly0u

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick update to fix a couple of issues and the release of the launcher application.

Launcher
The launcher and patcher will install and auto-update RustEdit when a new version is released. It uses a patching system so you will no longer have to download the entire editor every time there is a update, but just the files that have changed.

Any updates to the launcher will download automatically, you can check for updates to the editor and view recent changelogs

All future updates will be accessible via the launcher, and the editor now requires it to run.

Be sure to remove any previous RustEdit files before installing the launcher!

339a9213ab08918a3d8ca9ddf81df769.png

889f11875c4c1c5c1679b6af59917ce9.png

1235c3d615922236a4464389da6741ea.png

Editor
This update contains a quick-fix for the odd shader issues, more work will need to be done in the future.

I have added a error message to the editor when the program does not have write access. This is only required when the editor is installed in Program Files and is required to create config/localization files and save your map. The message will popup when the editor loads and will prompt you to close and run it as administrator if necessary.

Some people were getting ridiculously high memory usage when using the editor. I couldn't reproduce it myself which makes it hard to track down any definitive source, however I went through all my code and optimised as much as I could find which has helped prevent memory stacking up over time. I was averaging ~6gb of ram usage with making lots of changes on 6k maps and frequently switching between them, however I am sure that there are other circumstances I haven't found that will increase this.
I also found that loading some maps made in Unity that do not have the proper size restrictions for texture maps contributed to a massive amount of excess memory usage (1 map in particular used an addition 5 gb of memory just from the texture maps being double the maximum size the game uses...) so I have added error message and scaling to those maps when loading

Download the launcher here -> https://www.rustedit.io/resources/rustedit-launcher.16/

-- Version 1.0.9 -- Change Log --
Added - Error message when trying to run the editor if it doesn't have write access
Added - Automatic resizing of texture maps that are sized incorrectly

Fixed - A shitload of optimisations to try and minimise garbage accumulation
Fixed - Plants rendering ontop of water
Fixed - Shader issues

Status
Not open for further replies.