RustEdit v1.0.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1lly0u

Administrator
Staff member
This update comes with some handy features that should be well received

Terrain Modifiers
I have implemented the terrain modifiers from the game for monuments that have modification data. When you place a monument a new menu will appear with buttons that can automatically adjust your terrain, and paint splat/biome/topology and alpha layers in the correct positions so there is no more dicking around trying to get things right. While I was at it I also apply the same tools to any prefab that has modification data attached to it

Drag Selection
This has been requested a lot so here you go...

Texture Blending
I added another brush type to splat and biome painting which allows you to blend textures, you can find the blend brush in the bottom of the splat/biome selection dropdowns

Hotkeys
I added a couple more hotkeys for the tool panels;
Ctrl + Numpad+/Numpad- will switch the primary tool type. So in the Terrain Tool it will switch between Raise, Lower, Flatten, Smooth
Alt + Numpad+/Numpad- will switch the secondary tool type. So in the Terrain Painter with Splat selected as the primary tool it will switch between the splat types.

Shaders
I spent a bit of time writing replacement shaders, the main one is used for rocks so you can now see snow and moss on those respective rocks. I also wrote a better standard shader which has better texture quality for alot of objects
71fc96b3b4ba552b0727b2b89f74be45.png
534ad335cf254a3527c98979b22184df.jpg

98ac4dcdb3ca7ff2b8cec1c0047faa7b.jpg

Bugs
I fixed a bunch of bugs in from the last versions
Trees - It turns out that the invisible tree prefabs are what is interact-able in game and the visible prefabs are just 'skins' for those trees, so I have hidden all the skins and spawn them on top of the prefabs when you drag them in to the world
Water - I had commented out the code that clears the water map when saving when I was testing the river tool from the last update which resulted in invisible rivers in game. This has been resolved
Brushes - You can now correctly use a brush with the size of 1, and it actually affects where the projector is without leeching over the side
Transform - Moving and rotating a group of objects in local space no longer behaves as if it was global space
Biome - Finally remembered to fix the biome overlay bug that would leech the colors into the ocean

transparent overlay fix.png

Plus a bunch of other shit shown below

Launcher
I have been working on running the editor through a launcher, which will automatically update the editor when there is a new version with a patch rather than downloading the whole editor from the website every time there is a new release. It wasn't ready for this update but hopefully soon
e06d402b4b5c582a7a7dd05f730c5e49-png.jpg

Download -> https://www.rustedit.io/resources/rustedit-1-0-8.15/

-- Version 1.0.8 -- Change Log --
Added - File validation when loading maps
Added - Monument terrain and paint automatic modification tools
Added - Prefab terrain and paint automatic modification tools (for prefabs that have that data)
Added - Bit depth and byte order variables for importing/exporting raw height maps
Added - Copy buttons to each variable in the transform tool panel
Added - Ability to paste a Vector3 string in any box in the transform tool panel to set that value
Added - 90 degree quick rotation to transform tool panel
Added - Hotkey Ctrl and Numpad+/Numpad- to change primary tool types in tool panels
Added - Hotkey Alt and Numpad+/Numpad- to change secondary tool types in tool panels
Added - Camera speed adjustment to preferences menu
Added - New shader for better texture quality of prefabs
Added - New shader to depict snow and moss on rocks
Added - Drag selection of objects
Added - Error message when installed to Program Files and not run as administrator
Added - Texture and Biome blend brush

Fixed - Uncommented code that clears the water layer before processing rivers when saving
Fixed - Brush sizes being 1 size higher then selected
Fixed - Brush targets are properly within the brush bounds
Fixed - When using local space, move and rotate tools correctly respect local axis with multiple objects selected
Fixed - Hide tree skins in asset browser, instantiate tree skins when tree prefab is dragged into the editor (Fixes invisible trees in the editor working ingame, and visible trees in the editor not being interactable in game)
Fixed - Transparent terrain overlay rendering conflicting with water

Attachments

• 71fc96b3b4ba552b0727b2b89f74be45.png
    71fc96b3b4ba552b0727b2b89f74be45.png
    959.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 534ad335cf254a3527c98979b22184df.jpg
    534ad335cf254a3527c98979b22184df.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.