RustEdit 1.0.29

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1lly0u

Administrator
Staff member
I am not going to go too indepth with this blog post as I have only had 3 hours sleep, but here it it.
This update took longer than expected and it has only had half a day of testing. There may be some bugs so if you find one report it in the appropriate section.

The big part of this update is a UI revamp and optimizations which took longer then anticipated (I didn't realise how much UI I have actually done in RE...). As a result of this there may be some misplaced strings that I haven't caught, or a button that doesn't work. So if you see any text in the UI that is out of place, or something says "Missing 'xxx'" let me know.
9a1d2a5377f0d321b80091e41a4de30d.pnga4eae9748a85ba31f8c27ae6ca8a9522.pngf42366b1984ada0511bbbffa668da2c4.png

Other things were;
A tool for creating custom APC paths (requires the RustEdit extension), however the extension has not been finished to accommodate that yet. Will likely get that done later today.
Click and drag adjustable transform input values (similar to Unity) https://gyazo.com/d320d2aa13638349ecb97af95d3cacb8
A toggle to switch between a radial ocean mesh (infinite ocean like Rust) and one that is sized to the terrain
Better undo steps for all the paths
Bunch of bug fixes

Custom prefab terrain modifiers were unlocked in this update also, so now you can save terrain/splat/biome/paths etc into your custom prefabs. These are all saved as individual files (ie "mycustomprefab.prefab.heights") so if you are sharing your prefabs be sure to include those files with it.

Also it is worth mentioning, Alistair added the Hapis Lake prefab for us to use, however the prefab is currently unusable (the mesh is offset from the prefab by 33000 world units :p). He said he will get that sorted out next week.

If you use the RustEdit extension then I posted a update for it just before writing this that you will need, otherwise it will just throw errors.

To update the editor simply click Check For Updates in the RustEdit Launcher!

-- Version 1.0.29 -- Change Log --
Added - Axis selection to quick rotate
Added - Cap opacity toggle to prevent painting past the specified opacity
Added - Toggle to switch between radial (infinite) and square (size of land mass) ocean meshes
Added - Click and drag adjustable transform input values (similar to Unity)
Added - Custom APC path creation (Requires RustEdit Oxide extension)
Added - Undo steps for Ocean path functions
Added - Undo steps for Road/River/Ocean/APC path creation
Added - (Pre-release) Prefab Brush

Changed - Time progression default is off
Changed - Prefab creator selection circle ignores height when collecting prefabs
Changed - Swapped out Unity UI with TMP
Changed - Optimized UI and redesigned everything in a new style

Fixed - Lakes and swamps should apply height to water map
Fixed - Terrain cached data not immediately updated after generating a map using a image resulting in incorrect terrain manipulation
Fixed - Various bugs related to paths and path nodes in the undo handler
Fixed - A bug that would add multiple undosteps when undoing/redoing position/rotation/scale
Fixed - A bug that wouldnt allow you to drag tool panels all the way to the main tool bar
Fixed - A bug that wouldn't update all text components when changing language when in the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.